- Revis (Cauble) Leonard is a professional genealogist with 21 years of research experience. Going through pictures in her maternal Grandmomie's possession started her on the quest to find out more about her ancestors. Her journey into genealogy research began over 20 years ago under the instruction/direction of a paternal 1C1R, a noted Texas historian, and one of the co-founders of the Texas Cauble-Rotan Family Association. Revis owes her start to learning the essentials of basic genealogy to cousin and will be forever grateful to her mentor.
EDUCATION AND CREDENTIALS:
- *Excelsior College, A.S. in Science in Liberal Arts
*Boston University, Genealogical Essentials - 2012
*NALS...the association for legal professionals, Certified Professional Legal Secretary (PLS) - 2007
*NGS, FTDNA and other genealogy seminars/conferences
*Forensic Genealogy Institute(s) - 2015, 2016 and 2017
- *Austin Genealogical Society - 2018: Using Autosomal DNA for 18th and 19th Century Mysteries, Using Third-Party Tools to Analyze Autosomal DNA, the Danger of Distance Matches, and Begging for Spit (presented by Blaine Bettinger, Ph.D., J.D.)
- *Family Tree DNA Administrator's conferences
- *Texas State Genealogical Society - Virtual Conference - 2018
- *National Genealogical Society conferences
- *Local and State genealogical society's workshops and conferences
- *Association of Professional Genealogists
- *National Genealogical Society (NGS)
*ISSOG (International Society of Genetic Genealogy)
- *Texas State Genealogical Society
*Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR):
Uvalde de las Encinas Chapter NSDAR: Registrar-elect (2018), past Historian
- *San Antonio Genealogical Society
*Austin Genealogical Society
*German-Texans Heritage Society
- *Texas Cauble-Rotan Family Association: Scrapbook and DNA Chairman.
*Callaway Family Association: Co-Genealogist (America)
*The Clan McAlister of America (J44 John McCollister line contact)
*Administrator or Co-Administrator of several Y-DNA Surname Projects (FTDNA)
- Revis has also been involved in several professional and volunteer organizations, including the Texas Association of Legal Professionals, the San Antonio LSA (Chairman-Scholarships), Chicktime Smalltown and The Open Table.
Surnames: Cauble, Dennis/Freeman (Y-DNA proven to be Freeman's), Kolb, Stuart/Stewart (Y-DNA proven), Martin, Teel,
Ziegenfuss, Hardin, Jones, Stainton, Lafferty, Hester, Easter (possibly), Summer Moon, Sharp as Fox, Dancing Waters,
Baldridge, Trenkmann, Garrett, Festervan, Wright, Stoud, Musgrove, Ham, Rotan, Curtis, McCollister, Middleton, Byrd,
Nettles, Simmons, Mathews, Matthews, Ragge, Frasdorf, Tyner, Walston, Gay, Adair, Pryor, Schumacher, Hendricks,
Liuwes, Harris, Tomlin, Oliver, Miller, Landrum, Norman, Long, Gryder, Perryman, Brake, Schenk, Wills, Miears, Wright,
Taylor, Gray, Henry, Shuler, Morgan, Johnson, Benton, Glasscock, Baldridge, Zumwalt, Callaway, Tillery, Fruit, Beverly
(possibly), Arnold, Ziegler/Ziglar, Proctor, Zimmerman, Johnson, Gould, Wascole, Colwick, Burton, Trammell, Moss
(possibly), Rose, Cooksey, Yates, Oliver, Waters, Duke, Stark, Beaks, Gordon, Majors, Drury, Barber, Graham, King,
Pennington, Thornton, Williams, Rowland, Archibald, Weir, Courtney and more.
LOCATIONS: Texas, Indian Territory, Arkansas, Missouri, Louisiana, Iowa, Illinois, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi,
Georgia, Alabama, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Maine, Delaware, New York,
Prussia, Ireland, Scotland, England, the Netherlands and more.